What is a Car Insurance Calculator and How Does it Work?
A car insurance calculator is designed to get you the kind of insurance that you want for the price that you want to pay. The way an insurance calculator works is pretty simple. All you need to do is fill in an online form with some of your basic details (such as your contact details, age, gender, type of car and so on) and then hit the magic button to get your quote (which tells you how much you will pay). But even better than that, once you’ve filled the initial information, you can then play around with one or two options (usually using a slider bar) to see how each option changes your monthly premium – so if, for example, you were looking for a lower monthly premium, you could rather opt to pay more on your excess (the amount you pay in case of an event – accident or theft), which would then bring your monthly premiums down. How simple is that? Not only are you going to save yourself plenty of time searching through different websites to get different quotes, but you’ll end up saving yourself cash too.
If you just want a few quotes without any delay, fill in this quick form and get up to 9 Free insurance quotes:
What are the Benefits of Using a Car Insurance Calculator?
- You get a live quote online that’s based on your actual needs and status and you have the option to see how certain changes influence your premiums;
- You get the flexibility to choose the kind of insurance that you want and need for the price you’re able to pay;
- You save both time and money, since you won’t need to shop around;
- You get all the information you need in the comfort of your own home, with a coffee and even in pyjamas!
If you’re looking to save yourself time and precious Rands, then using a Car insurance calculator is obviously a wise choice.
What Effects Your Car Insurance Payments and Premiums?
Car insurance payments can vary a lot depending on numerous factors. This is why certain details are needed in the vehicle insurance calculator. What sorts of things effect your premium payments?
- Your age, as well as your gender/sex and whether or not you’re married;
- How long you’ve had your license;
- The type of car you drive, with more powerful/sports cars presenting more risk and therefore costing higher premiums;
- Whether or not you’ve had accidents in the past, and whether you’ve made claims on a car insurance policy before;
- The city and area that you live in, since different areas have different insurance rates due to safety risks.
Now that we know that different factors affect your car insurance premium, which is why it’s a good idea to use a car insurance calculator to make sure you’re getting a quote that’s accurate for your situation.
Can This Really Help Me Save Money?
First of all, the answer is YES, but before we explain why, it is important to note that money isn’t the only thing you should be thinking about. Can you really afford to be without car insurance? Not only will you end up paying out of pocket if you have an accident with no insurance (tens or hundreds of thousands of Rands), but it’s also illegal! That said, let’s try answer the ‘saving money question’: by getting a quote based on your specific needs and situation you’ll be paying the lowest price possible for you. You won’t be quoted prices that apply to a new driver with no experience if you’re an experienced driver, for example. This is why a car insurance calculator saves you cash, by giving you a quote for what YOU need.
In terms of the easiest way to save money, a car insurance calculator offers a free and easy way to make sure that you’re paying the best price for the best policy.
Main subject: Car Insurance Calculator
Other Interesting Posts
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more
Best Car Insurance Company for 2015
For the last two years Carinfo.co.za has been conducting a comparison analysis of all the ...read more