Founded more than twenty years ago, Mua is a niche insurer designed to offer short term insurance solutions to individuals of high net worth. This means that your assets must be worth a certain amount of money before Mua will insure you. Mua Insurance are also the underwriters (financial backers) for insurance policies from Auto and General. A subsidiary of the Hannover Reinsurance Company, Mua is currently headed by managing director Christelle Fourie.
Where is Mua Located?
The head offices of Mua are located at Edison Square, Block A and B, Corner of Edison Way and Century Avenue, Century City. Mua also offer a mailing address at P.O. Box 84, Century City 7746.
Which Services Do Mua Provide?
Mua Insurance offer insurance policies for watercraft, household contents and buildings, as well as classic cars and regular vehicle insurance. In addition, they have a designer insurance option which will tailor policies specifically to your needs as a client.
Vehicle Insurance with Mua
The Mua Insurance website specifically states that Mua cover exotic, executive and classic cars, and remembering that Mua is a niche insurer your vehicle will almost certainly need to be worth a certain amount before Mua will agree to insure it. In terms of policy features, Mua offer the following:
- An excess waiver for clients over the age of 55 (to find out exactly what an excess is check our car insurance terms and definitions page);
- No excess payable if the vehicle is less than a year old and driven by the main driver, nor in the case of a hijacking if the car is fitted with an approved tracking device;
- Higher extensions for emergency repairs and winching equipment if the insured vehicle is a 4×4 (and therefore more likely to have an off road accident);
- Up to R2,000 coverage for tracking devices if the vehicle is a total loss;
- Includes vehicle transfer coverage (for up to R750,000 or the maximum amount of the most expensive vehicle on your policy), meaning a new vehicle will be covered immediately and for the first 72 hours after purchase;
- Includes windscreen coverage;
- If your vehicle is a total loss or is stolen and is less than one year old you will receive the full retail cost of your vehicle;
- If you have not made a claim on your car insurance for more than three years before applying for a Mua policy you are eligible for a premium discount;
- Covers rewards of up to R50,000 (should you choose to offer a reward for a stolen vehicle);
- Includes personal liability insurance for up to R30 million (in case you are sued after an accident);
- Possibility to add extra coverage if you wish;
- Includes access to a 24 hour road assistance helpline.
The Mua website also states that the company can offer you a vehicle insurance policy designed to meet your own needs if you choose not to opt for their standard car insurance policy.
How Are Mua’s Customer Reviews?
There are four reviews for Mua Insurance listed on Hellopeter, the website that lets consumers rate service providers. This is a very low number of reviews compared to other insurance companies (who often receive hundreds of reviews) and is probably due to the fact that Mua is a niche insurer. The four review are all complaints, citing poor customer service and slow claims processing. However, we do not feel that it’s fair to judge Mua based on such a low number of reviews, especially considering that consumers are much more likely to complain than to compliment.
How User Friendly is the Mua Insurance Website?
The Mua website is very user friendly. It’s easy to navigate, and there is an overview of each type of policy given in easy to understand language. From the vehicle insurance overview page there is a link to a more detailed explanation of policy benefits, which again is in clear language. If we had to give one negative for the site it would be that there isn’t a lot of information given about the company themselves. Shoppers these days are very well informed, and tend to like to know who they are buying from, so Mua might want to consider adding a little more company background to their website.
Mua in Conclusion
Mua offer a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy with many features. It is important to remember that Mua are a niche insurer, however, and only insure individuals with high net worth, meaning your vehicle will have to be worth a certain amount before Mua will cover you. Based on a low number of consumer reviews we don’t feel it fair to judge Mua on their customer feedback. You will want to get quotes from at least two to three other insurers before making your final car insurance decision, however, since this will allow you to compare policies better. Vehicle insurance is an important decision, and being well informed is key!
Main subject: Mua
Other Interesting Posts
Best Car Insurance Company 2016
For the last three years, Carinfo.co.za has conducted a comparison analysis between the more known ...read more
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more