About Oakhurst Insurance
Oakhurst Insurance is a short term insurer that was founded in 2007. They concentrate solely on vehicle insurance. According to the company website Oakhurst focuses on flexible insurance packages to meet every client’s individual needs. However, the Oakhurst Insurance website offers no further information about who their policies are underwritten (financially backed) by, nor who is on their board of directors. It is also unclear from the website whether Oakhurst are only an insurance company themselves or whether they are an insurance broker (a company that sells policies from other insurers).
Where is Oakhurst Insurance Located?
The physical address for Oakhurst Insurance is located at 127A York Street, George 6530. There is also a mailing address for the company which is: P.O. Box 9738, George 6529.
Which Services Do Oakhurst Insurance Provide?
As mentioned, Oakhurst Insurance focus only on vehicle insurance which includes caravan and motorcycle insurance, as well as specialised contractor’s insurance for trucks and LDVs – and of course, car insurance.
Oakhurst Car Insurance
Oakhurst Insurance offer three types of vehicle insurance policies. Unfortunately, the website doesn’t give too much information about the details of each of these. The three policy options are:
- Comprehensive Insurance (which covers you for theft or damage to your vehicle as well as damage to another person’s vehicle caused by an accident);
- Pay per Kilometre Insurance (designed for drivers who travel short distances. A device will be fitted to your car to measure mileage and then you will be charged a rate per kilometre driven rather than a traditional monthly premium);
- Total Loss Insurance (a budget friendly option that pays out only when a car is stolen or completely destroyed in an accident, designed for clients with financed vehicles to help them pay off financing if they lose their vehicle this option does not pay for damage caused by an accident either to your car or anyone else’s).
Obviously, this isn’t a lot of information. However, the Oakhurst Insurance website does state that their policies are tailor made, so we assume that features of policies depend on the client’s personal needs.
Additional Benefits from Oakhurst Insurance
In addition to the policies mentioned above, Oakhurst also have a Gold Club and a Platinum Club which offer extra benefits to policy holders.
The Oakhurst Insurance Gold Club offers the following services to members:
- 24 hour a day, 7 day a week access to roadside assistance as well as medical and legal assistance;
- A Road Protection Programme that gives you assistance with Road Accident Funds Claims (find out more about the Road Accident Fund [great internal linking Emma] by reading our article about them), a recovery service should your tires or rims be damaged by potholes, and a notification should you receive a fine along with the possibility to decrease that fine;
- A Designated Driver benefit that offers a driver to take you home in your vehicle, you may use this benefit up to twice a year and each trip must be no more than 50 KM;
- Discounts on car hire as well as discounts from certain tyre dealers.
The Oakhurst Insurance Platinum Club offers the following services:
- R3,000 to put towards car hire should you be unable to use your own vehicle;
- A Samaritan number (when called your precise location can be determined, helping emergency services or road assistance to find you);
- Should the person who pays maintenance become injured or die, Oakhurst will pay monthly vehicle maintenance of up to R2,000 per month for up to six months;
- If you are retrenched before the age of 65, Oakhurst will give you full coverage for six months charging a maximum of R400 per month;
- Should you need trauma counselling after an accident, Oakhurt will pay up to R10,000, though each visit is limited to R250.
How Are Oakhurst’s Customer Reviews?
There are 443 reviews posted about Oakhurst Insurance on Hellopeter, the website that allows consumers to rate service providers. Of these 315 are compliments, giving Oakhurst a 71% positive rating, which is relatively high compared to other insurance companies we’ve reviewed. This is encouraging for potential customers. Positive reviews focussed on good customer service. The few negative reviews mention customer service experience. An Oakhurst representative responded to many of the reviews, indicating that customer service is important to the company.
How User Friendly is the Oakhurst Insurance Website?
The Oakhurst Insurance website was very easy to navigate, with menus at the top and side of every page, so it was simple to find the sections that we were looking for. However, we did find the information either a little lacking or just not there. There is not a great deal of information about policies, although since the site states that policies are designed for individual customers this is understandable. There was also little information about the company itself which would have been nice as most of us like to know more about a company before committing to purchasing something as important as car insurance.
Oakhurst Insurance in a Nutshell
As a company that focuses only on vehicle insurance, Oakhurst offers three different kinds of car insurance as well as additional Gold and Platinum Club benefits. Customer ratings for the company on Hellopeter were encouraging and the website was easy to use, although we would have liked to see more info about the policies and the company itself. If you’re looking to get car insurance then you obviously want the best deal therefore we suggest that you get at least 2-3 quotes before deciding.
Main subject: Oakhurst Insurance
Other Interesting Posts
Best Car Insurance Company 2016
For the last three years, Carinfo.co.za has conducted a comparison analysis between the more known ...read more
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more