Who are Regent Insurance?
Regent Insurance is a company that provides a range of short-term insurance and life assurance products. Regent is part of the Imperial group, a multinational mobility group whose activities involve motor vehicles and other modes of transport for people or freight.
The current members of the board for the Regent company are HR Brody – chairman, JJ Strydom – group chief executive officer, AN Tennick – executive director, and PCW Hibbit – group chief financial officer.
Where are Regent Insurance located?
Regent Insurance has offices in a number of locations, including Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Western Cape regions. However, their head office is physically located at 146 Boeing Road East, Elma Park, Edenvale 1609 and their postal address is P.O. Box 674, Edenvale 1610.
What services does Regent Insurance offer?
Regent offers a range of insurance products for commercial businesses, groups and personal coverage, but let’s focus in particular on their options for car insurance. According to their website, Regent Insurance offers several options when it comes to motor coverage:
- Adcover Credit Shortfall – a “rescue plan” for situations not covered by your comprehensive policy. This covers you in the following 3 instances: 1) your claim is not valid due to breach of policy, such as accidentally forgetting to pay monthly premium, 2) your claim is repudiated due to failing to comply with certain requirements, such as passing a time limit to notify of damages, and 3) your vehicle is written off and the comprehensive coverage is not sufficient to pay the balance owed to the vehicle’s financier.
- Car Hire – This policy was put in place to provide for you when your car is in the process of being repaired or replaced as a result of an accident or theft.
- Majestic Motor Insurance – This policy was designed for high-end cars whose values are between R800,000 and R5 million. The policy includes deposit cover, car hire cover and personal accident cover.
- Motor Comprehensive – Coverage under this option includes all executive and standard vehicles, including light delivery vehicles, motorcycles, trailers and caravans, for social and business use.
- Paint Tech – This policy covers motor vehicles and light delivery vehicles used for social/pleasurable purposes and the typical to and from work. This policy does not cover motorcycles, caravans, motor homes, trailers or boats.
How user-friendly is Regent Insurance’s website?
Unlike most of the other insurance companies, we found the Regent Insurance website particularly challenging to navigate and lacking in information. Initially the website seemed easy enough to use. However, we noticed several difficulties. First of all, when searching for information about their products, minimal information is posted. Instead of providing helpful information which will allow the user to make an informed decision, the website provides a number to call for more information. Second, when navigating between pages, the web address always defaulted back to the home page, which required one to start from the beginning. This was also a problem if for example you want to refer a friend to a specific page on the website as they all lead back to the same page. Lastly, we found the pop down menus to have very narrow lines making it hard to make the right selection from one pop down menu to another. So you almost always ending up on the wrong page. Overall, navigating the website was a time-consuming activity and not as informative as it should be if you are a company looking for new clients.
How does Regent Insurance rate?
Over the past 12 months, Regent Insurance received 212 reports on hellopeter.com. Of those 212 reports, 82% were complaints, with only 18% compliments. This means there were approximately 4.5 times more complaints than compliments. According to hellopeter.com, Regent Insurance supplied responses to all of the compliments, as well as complaints, at times even updating their responses. So whilst there response rate is good (something not to take for granted), according to the above statistics, they definitely need to improve their service in the categories where they fall short.
Regent Insurance is a company that provides a range of short-term insurance and life assurance products. Largely due to the limited information on their website, it is hard to grasp much about their history or details about their coverage. At a time when many have turned to the internet to disseminate information, Regent Insurance seems to want your call. While this could highlight their interest in providing good customer service, it may also encourage potential customers to go find the information elsewhere. If you couple this with their rating of receiving significantly more complaints than compliments (on hellopeter), then one can conclude that there is definitely place for improvement. As always, we encourage you not to forget to compare online car insurance quotes and speak with your friends about their experience with car insurance providers. Also, you can read about other car insurance companies or see our article about “Are you using the best car insurance company?“
Main Subject: Regent Insurance
Other Interesting Posts
Best Car Insurance Company 2016
For the last three years, Carinfo.co.za has conducted a comparison analysis between the more known ...read more
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more