AA Insurance – Background
AA Insurance, a leading car insurance company serving South Africa, is just one part of the AA company whose various services have been available throughout South Africa for over 80 years.
Historically, AA Insurance’s parent company was a pioneer in the field of providing roadside aid to South African drivers whose cars broke down while on the road. Today, AA is practically unrecognizable from that company formed in 1930 and its wide range of services include the roadside assistance where it began, but also car insurance, technical advice, legal advice, driver training, travel advice and holiday travel packages. By 1965 the company boasted a membership of 250,000 members and by 1980, the membership stood at 675,000. In the year 2000 an AA Club was formed which offered Battery Services and a National Call Center.
AA insurance is an authorized financial services provider (FSP licence number: 16354) and is part of the Telesure Group which owns a few other well known insurance companies. The directors are Karen-Anne Bryden and Nico Philippus Crous and the parent company’s main office is located at Denis Paxton House, Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, Allandale Road, Kyalami, 1685.
AA Car Insurance Quotes
For the third year running, AA Car Insurance, a division of AA, was awarded a 5 star rating from Defaqto, an independent, financial research company specializing in rating, comparing and analyzing financial products.
AA insurance is underwritten by Auto & General. When applying for AA Insurance, a comprehensive quote is presented by hand-picked underwriters, according to client information provided. Once a premium has been set, it is fixed for the year. Even if a claim has been filed, the rates cannot be raised for the rest of the year. An additional benefit of AA car insurance is that clients automatically become AA members upon applying for AA insurance. AA Insurance also provides car insurance for those travelling outside of South Africa to neighboring countries.
Registration for car insurance can be done on line and immediately upon payment, the car insurance will kick in. If you are interested in getting a car insurance quote, just fill in the form on the top left side of our home page and an agent will get back to you.
AA Car Insurance Coverage
AA Insurance provides comprehensive vehicle insurance, third party insurance, fire and theft insurance and third party only. This includes accidental damage, theft and hijacking, damage to third party property, accessories and an option that allows clients to claim accident damage to a vehicle as well as damage caused by you to other parties' property. This also may include towing, storage, car hire, discounts on advanced driving courses and tracking device installations.
AA Insurance also provides additional types of insurance such as AA Credit Protection – protection against being unable to meet vehicle payments due to disability, hospitalization or retrenchment; credit shortfall insurance which provides extra coverage if a car is written off and the insured amount does not cover money owed for financing and basic household insurance covering buildings and contents.
AA Insurance Review
AA Insurance is a very well-known company in South African. Although best known for the parent company AA, and their roadside service, the attitude towards AA Insurance seems to be mostly positive. According to the 149 reviews that were placed on hellopeter during the last 12 months, about 70% of the people were happy with the service provided to them by AA Insurance and the remaining 30% had various complaints such as “bad service”, “no response” and “unacceptable outcome”.
Want to Save money on your car insurance? fill in the form below and save an average of 29% on your car insurance. It's Free, so what do you have to lose?
Main subject: AA Insurance
Other Interesting Posts
Best Car Insurance Company 2016
For the last three years, Carinfo.co.za has conducted a comparison analysis between the more known ...read more
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more