About African Independent Insurance
African Independent Insurance, or African Independent Brokers, as they are also known, was founded in 1995. The company aims to make insurance both affordable and easy to understand. It’s important to know that African Independent Insurance do not actually offer policies themselves, instead they work with three other insurers (Lloyds, Auto and General and Oakhurst) who provide you with the policy. Unfortunately, the African Independent Insurance website contains little info about the company itself, so we’re unable to tell you more.
Where is African Independent Insurance Located?
You can find the headquarters of African Independent Insurance at 64-66 Charterland Avenue, Selcourt Springs, 1559. The company also has a mailing address at: Private Bag X7, Selcourt, 1567.
Which Services Do African Independent Brokers Provide?
Primarily, African Independent Insurance offer home and vehicle insurance. This includes home contents, caravan, trailer and car insurance. The company does also offer a selection of small business insurance options.
Car Insurance with African Independent Brokers
African Independent Insurance do not offer their own insurance policies, as we mentioned above, instead finding the appropriate policy for your needs offered by one of their partner companies. This means that we can’t give you an outline of what to expect from your policy. Your best bet is to see which partner company African Insurance matches you with, and then go on to read our review of that company.
However, African Independent Insurance does offer a unique product to their customers, in that if you buy a policy through African Independent you also qualify for membership to their Gold Club.
African Independent Gold Club Membership
The African Independent Insurance website does not specify whether Gold Club membership costs more each month, or whether it is included when you buy your policy – it just mentions the numerous features offered, including:
- Towing your vehicle after an insured event, and car transfer for you up to 100 kilometres from the accident site;
- Towing in case of breakdown, again including transport for you up to 100 kilometres from the site of the breakdown;
- Assistance in hiring a car (up to 500 Rands) and renting a hotel room (up to 500 Rands), as well as getting your vehicle returned to you (up to 500 Rands) in the case of accident or breakdown;
- Assistance for breakdowns, locksmiths, flat batteries, running out of fuel, flat tyres, all including call out of the appropriate assistance and one hour of labour;
- Referral to driver’s assistance should you need it;
- Sending of important messages in case of emergency (such as letting your family know that you are safe and where you are);
- A designated driver benefit that includes two free trips a year each of up to 50 kilometres, in case you should drink and be unable to drive your own vehicle;
- Accident Protect, which manages your claim with the Road Accident Fund;
- Fines Protect, which will notify you of any fines you have incurred whilst driving and lower the cost;
- Pothole Protect, which will repair tyre and rim damage caused by potholes;
- You will also receive discounted rates on products and services from Tiger Wheel and Tyre, as well as discounted rates on car rental from Budget, Avis, Tempest and Europcar.
How Are Customer Reviews for African Independent Insurance?
Using Hellopeter, the website where customers can review service providers, we found 97 reports about African Independent Brokers. Of these reviews 93 were positive, and only 4 were negative. Given that customers are much more likely to want to post complaints than compliments, this is very encouraging news for potential new customers. Many of the positive reviews spoke highly of African Independent’s customer service. Of the 4 negative reviews, two were from the same customer, and concerned poor customer service and long waits for pay outs. However, it’s clear from these numbers that consumers are happy with their experience with African Independent Insurance.
How User Friendly is the African Independent Insurance Website?
The African Independent Insurance website was easy to navigate and finding what we needed was simple. There wasn’t a lot of information on the website, but given that your policy will depend on your needs and which company African Independent partners you with, this is understandable. One area where we thought there could be a little more info was concerning the company itself. There wasn’t much information about African Independent themselves, and we don’t even know the name of the company CEO. This is a simple fix, and one that African Independent might want to consider, since consumers these days do like to know who they’re buying from.
African Independent Insurance in Conclusion
By partnering with three other insurers, African Independent Insurance offers car insurance that’s designed to fit your needs. Unfortunately, we can’t tell you much about car policies themselves, though African Independent’s Gold Club seems to offer many features. Consumer reviews of the company were very encouraging, which is nice to see. Of course, you won’t want to base your final decision on the experience of other people though. As always, we recommend getting a few different quotes from different companies, just to ensure that you’re getting the best deal for the lowest price.
Main subject: African Independent Insurance
Other Interesting Posts
Best Car Insurance Company 2016
For the last three years, Carinfo.co.za has conducted a comparison analysis between the more known ...read more
ABSA iDirect Vehicle Insurance
ABSA iDirect vehicle insurance is the car insurance department of ABSA, The Amalgamated Banks of ...read more